An architectural masterpiece, the "Pandora Mansion" is located in a quiet spot pleasantly removed from the activity at the village square but easily accessible by a narrow street.
At a first glance only the weathered wooden, studded, double gates are beckoning and visible. However, hiding beyond this entrance lays the inspiration, passion and fulfilled dream of Maria Diamond.
This typical Pelion-style mansion was built in 1859 for the mayor of Makrinitsa.
When architect Maria Diamond bought it in 1982, it was in such a state of disrepair that it looked as if only the outside walls could be preserved. But Maria managed to bring the building back to its old glory and turn it into one of the area’s most beautiful, comfortable and stylish places to stay. Seven bedrooms and suites (most with great views) are elegantly appointed in a warm and traditional style.
A cosy sitting room has traditional built coaches flanking the fireplace. Breakfast (fresh and homemade products) is served in an equally cosy dining room, or it is brought to you in the garden.